Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Monday, November 29, 2010

Writers block

It is something that almost everyone who writes on a regular, or even irregular, basis experiences at some point. I am actually surprised I have managed to go so long without experiencing this to the extent that I can not think of anything to write for today. In fact it is so bad that it was not even me who thought of writing on writers block, it was an idea given to me by a friend to write on.

So far every time writing time has come round so far there has been something on my mind or there has been an inspiring event during the day. I think one of the reasons for this happening now is that I have hardly been out of the house since Thursday due to the extent of the snow that has fallen where I live. This has meant that I have spent the past few days talking with friends and family and watching an excessive amount of sci fi TV. And although talking to friends and family has been important and productive it has not been about things that have not already been covered on here.

Possibly the only thing that has happened over the last few days that has any bearing on this blog is the fact that I have not been spending enough time with God. There is not really any reason for this, I have had loads of time on my hands and been quite bored too. Yet I have not really spent the time to sit down and read my Bible or spend time in prayer. Like I said there is no real reason for this other than laziness.

Tomorrow I will be going back to work, weather permitting, and will hopefully be getting back into my routine. However I don't believe that God should just be part of my routine, it should be something I want to do, something so much a part of my life that the days my "routine" changes I still crave the time spent with God. I know I have a lot of growing to do with God, I know there is a lot I need to learn and discover. However one of the good things to come out of knowing this is that I have seen the problems and seen the changes that need to be made, with that I have the ability to make the changes I need to make to put my life right with God.

Maybe I didn't have that big of a writers block in the end. Maybe all I needed was something to start the writing process for the thoughts in my head to pour out on to my computer screen. Blogging is an important thing in my life at the moment, something I enjoy doing and have learnt a lot about myself from. Hopefully the inspirations will keep coming, even if no one ever reads this at least I am gaining something positive from this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment