Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Mid all the traffic

’Mid all the traffic of the ways,
Turmoils without, within,
Make in my heart a quiet place,
And come and dwell therein.

A little shrine of quietness,
All sacred to Thyself,
Where Thou shalt all my soul possess,
And I may find myself.

A little shelter from life’s stress,
Where I may lay me prone,
And bare my soul in loneliness,
And know as I am known.

A little place of mystic grace,
Of self and sin swept bare,
Where I may look upon Thy face,
And talk with Thee in prayer.
           (William Dunkerley)

Ok, I had prepared another post for this morning but that has been moved back to this evening now. The reason is that this morning I have a horrible commute ahead of me. My mum woke me this morning with the happy news that the City centre where I work is closed down. I have no idea why and there is no information on the news except it is a major police incident. What makes matters worse is I checked out the traffic news to work out how long my commute will be and I found out that the motorway is also backed up, Joy!

So why this post? Well I was sat there feeling quite annoyed and getting myself quite wound up that my day was ruined before I began when I thought, stop and pray. I know I have issues that cause me to get wound up quite easily and that it is something I need to keep a handle on. But why should I be doing this on my own, ask God for some help.

And that is what I did, I spent a quick few minutes in quiet prayer with God and almost instantly felt calmer. In this time a tune I often play in the band I play with came to mind. The lyrics are above and they are quite moving. If you have or have had a rough journey today remember these lyrics and ask God to calm your soul too.

No comments:

Post a Comment