Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sledging

Today I am going to do my duty as a Godfather and take my little Godson out sledging. Over the last 2 nights we have had more snow than I have ever seen in my life, over 12 inches and counting with at least another 10 inches predicted. I know this may not sound like a lot to some people who live in areas used to snow but for an area that normally sees 12 inches in the depths of winter this is highly unusual.

Although we are not used to as much snow so early we are used to having snow and so in my family we have a tradition of sledging every year. I have been sledging every year since I was one and intend to carry on this tradition for as long as I can. 

My job as Godfather is one I take very seriously. I see my job as having a number of aspects to it. One of the main aspects of the job is to ensure my Godson has as much fun as I can manage, to ensure that he has as many good memories as possible. Another one is that I see that he does not miss out on any opportunity.

However as most of you will know the most important aspect of being a Godparent is that you ensure your Godchild learns about the grace, power and love of God. It is vital that we teach them about the sacrifice Jesus made for us and that our little ones are taught all of this from a young age.

As I said I am very serious about my job as a Godparent, all aspects of it. As someone who is more than slightly crazy I am more than qualified to ensure that my Godson has a huge amount of fun. But I also intend to see that my Godson is taught about God and Jesus from the very beginning. As someone who is very passionate about my faith and someone who intends to follow Gods plan in my life I want my Godson to know and love the same God as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment