Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Thursday, November 25, 2010

More parallels

I know that I shouldn't be amazed by how God works but I always am. This morning I did two main things, first I read my daily Bible plan when I woke up and second I attended a meeting with my local Church leaders. I spent well over an hour discussing the future and my place in it and the ways of getting there. It was an amazing discussion that was enlightening for all three of us who were there.

The main point of the discussion was about how to get my family on board with the plans for my life and have some sort of support from them. We discussed ways to heal wounds that I have caused in the past and methods to persuade them that the plans I am following are the right ones for me.

So back to the beginning, what was the link here? Well the Bible verse and meeting were both about parents and the Bible verse is a surprising parallel to what was discussed in the meeting.

Proverbs 23:22 (NIV)
     Listen to your father who gave you life,
     and do not despise your mother when she is old.

Not only this but also in the meeting the Bible verse the ministers used to wrap up and end our meeting was also from Proverbs.

Proverbs 3 (NIV)
My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you peace and prosperity.

Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.

Honour the LORD with your wealth,
with the first fruits of all your crops;
then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
and your vats will brim over with new wine.

My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline,
and do not resent his rebuke,
because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
as a father the son he delights in.


I know I shouldn't be but I am always amazed when I see God working in my life, I hope that I will never lose that sense of wonder and amazement when seeing God's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment